Tom Bachik, in Glamour magazine's June 2012 issue, tells readers how to recreate Zooey Deschanel's adorable tuxedo manicure.
- Paint on base coat, then two to three coats of white polish. Add clear topcoat and let dry.
- Mark the bowtie's center using a pointy eyeliner brush dipped in black polish.
- Add four more dots to make an X shape. Try to keep them as round as possible.
- Connect the dots in a bow shape, and fill in. Enlarge the center dot a bit.
- Do the tip. Start from each outer edge, and go in to the middle to get an even line.
- Create three more dots (buttons), let it dry, and finish with clear topcoat.