Glamour magazine's September 2012 Fashion Issue featured five simple nail art ideas inspired by the colorful prints and patterns soon to be displayed on the runway for Fashion Week.
- 3-D Shadow Nails: Layering graphic shades had a dramatic crescent-moon effect at 3.1 Phillip Lim. Start with a coat of black, then add a thin stripe of gray and a highlight in white. (Essie's Blanc, Chinchilly, and Licorice.)
- Nearly Nude Nails: At Preen, bone was the new neutral. Mix beige and white to re-create the huge.
- Psychedelic Nails: To do Nicole Miller's hypnotic spirals, use a toothpick. It's okay if the colors blend a bit. (CND's Electric Orange, Anchor Blue, Bicycle Yellow, and Plumville.)
- Navy Blue Nails: As moody and sophisticated as black, the navy at Rebecca Taylor felt slight more casual, like a pair of dark-wash jeans. (OPI's Road House Blues.)
- Gilded Nails: Sally Hansen and designer Prabal Gurung joined forces on a gold to complement the hues in his show. Try soft, glittery golds for fall.