Allure magazine spoke with top nail techs Deborah Lippmann, Jin Soon Choi, and Ji Baek to give readers tips on how to nail a manicure.
- Exfoliate nails with a gentle buffer.
- Rub cuticle remover over nails before pushing back cuticle.
- Clean nails with polish remover before polish application.
- Use files that have the right finish (superfine or medium emery board).
- Choose a ridge filler as your basecoat even if nails don't look like they need it.
- Let nails dry completely between coats.
- Apply topcoat every other day to keep nails glossy and chip-free.
The article also named Deborah Lippmann's Supermodel and OPI's Don't Talk Bach to Me among the hottest shades for hands right now.
Also mentioned were Essie's Bold and Beautiful, Butter London's Artful Dodger, and Zoya's Layla for feet.