Self Magazine's October 2012 issue featured five hot new nail art ideas that can be achieved simply with decals.
- Wannabe Rock Stars: Spotlight one finger with a Nail Rock Designer Nail Wrap. Tame the flames by keeping the rest of the fingertips solid.
- Lacquer Lovers: No shame in being a bit of a polish purist. Try the OPI Pure Lacquer Nail Apps. They're made from actual polish rather than plastic.
- Strip Virgins: First-timers will dig the insanely-easy-to-apply Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.
- Mani-Pedi Matchers: Stop agonizing over the perfect color combo. Each set of Minx #1 comes in eight patterns and has enough decals for uniform fingers and toes.
- Nail Biters: Kimmie Kyees Nails by Elegant Touch are chomp-proof glittery press-ons and have major staying power.