The popular triangular manicure by celebrity manicurist Tracylee, found in Cosmopolitan's March 2013 issue, is a must-have for spring. Here's how it's done:
1. First file nails in an almond shape (a rounded point), then clean them with remover and apply a clear base coat.
2. Apply base color. Paint in a stroke down the center, then another along each side for event distribution. Let dry for 10 minutes.
3. From that dot, make a diagonal line down to the corner of the cuticle, then the other, creating a triangle.
4. About one-third of the way up from the cuticle, make a dot in the center of the nail with a fine-tipped polish pen.
5. Fill in the triangle with the pen. Repeat on all fingers. Finish with a clear top coat to blend textures and add shine.
Recommended shades: Essie's Clambake paired with a fierce neon yellow.