Allure magazine listed its favorite nail-color options for hands and feet in its June 2013 issue.
Each combination includes a fun shade paired with a more neutral tone. The top five pairs are:
1. Classic navy on fingers and crisp white on toes. Allure suggests Tom Ford Vapor and Chanel Bel-Argus to achieve the look.
2. Green on fingertips and brown on toes for a retro teal-and-brown combo. Green is most flattering on fingertips, according to Allure. Yves Saint Laurent Vert D’Orient and Estee Lauder Diabolique are recommended for this combo.
3. Jelly-bean purple and shiny chrome create a fun, attention-grabbing mani-pedi. If your client wears a lot of jewelry, avoid bling overload by applying silver to the toes. Allure lists Jin Soon Voile and Sally Hansen Hi Ho Silver for this look.
4. OPI Glints of Glinda is a new go-to nude for fingernails, and Essie Sunday Funday is a brighter, beachy coral to liven up toes.
5. Gold and magenta is a fresh combination to boost any mood. Allure uses Khroma Fairy Dust and L’Oreal Paris Crazy for Chic.