Q&A

Can reused monomer become contaminated and cause or spread fungus?

Q.

Can reused monomer become contaminated and cause or spread fungus?

A.

No, the organic solvents in the solution will destroy any disease-causing germs in the product. It would really have to be a monster germ that could survive exposure to those types of chemicals. But remember, when the organic solvents have dried out, such as after the acrylic nail has cured, the germ-killing power of the monomer is gone. -- David Dryer

 

Monomer does not contain water, so neither bacteria nor fungi can survive in it. There’s no need to worry about this as a potential source of infections. Both nail enhancement brushes and monomer liquid are “self-disinfecting.” -- Doug Schoon

Leave a Comment

Name:
Email:
Comment:
Submit

Comments (0)

Encyclopedia

The two-foot-square area between a nail tech’s mouth and work area; the area wherein dust, vapors, and particles can be inhaled if a nail techni...
Learn More

Subscribe to NAILS & SAVE!

Get a free preview issue and a Free Gift
Subscribe Today!

Please sign in or register to .    Close
Loading...
 
Subscribe Today
Subscribe Today