Is it OK to fix a broken enhancement with glue? I heard it can cause an allergic reaction or infection that makes the natural nail ooze underneath the enhancement.
Doug Schoon: It is unlikely that a client will become allergic to nail tip glues or adhesives. Physicians commonly used these adhesives to seal tissue and skin wounds. However, the bacteria responsible for nail infections will grow very quickly if they are sealed under lifted areas of the enhancement. This is a leading cause of green bacterial infections or “greenies” found on the ton surface of the nail plate. Warn clients to avoid repairing their own nails, since this will greatly increase their risk for green infections. The more serious “oozing-type” of infection is a result of physical trauma or improper manicuring (i.e, aggressive filling or sharp implements).