Rock Hard Gels by Artistic Nail Design are derived from a proprietary blend of monomers chemically altered to create strong, flexible nails. From white to pink to crystal clear, the gels cure in 30 seconds and can withstand even the toughest of clients. Follow the subsequent steps to build classic clear extensions with this brand-new product.
1. After the nails have been prepared, apply pH Nail Prep and then lightly moisten the nail with Rock Hard Opening Act Non-Acid Primer.
2. Apply one coat of Rock Hard Headliner Clear Brush On Gel and seal the edge. Cure for 30 seconds. Then apply a Rock Hard Get Bent Nail Form.
3. Using an Artistic #9 oval gel brush, pick up a small bead of Rock Hard Hardcore Clear Building Gel and place it on the form. Creating a thin layer, guide the gel to the desired length and shape it to create the extension. Flash cure the nail for 10 seconds. Gently press in the C-curve and remove the nail form. Hold the C-curve and flash cure for 20 seconds.
4. Apply another bead of building gel to the apex area. Float the brush on top of the product to distribute it across the apex to provide strength and structure. Cure for 30 seconds. Use a lint- free wipe to clean excess gel from the brush.
5. Pick up another bead of the building gel and place it on the apex. Float the brush over the product to evenly distribute it across the surface of the nail. Look at the nail from the side to ensure proper structure and cure for 30 seconds. Repeat this step until proper length and thickness is achieved. Remove the inhibition layer with Artistic Nail Surface Cleanser using a lint-free wipe and file to the desired length and shape with an Artistic 180-grit Aspect File.
6. Finish the extension by applying an even coat of Rock Hard Headliner Clear Brush On Gel and cure for 30 seconds. Remove the inhibition layer with Nail Surface Cleanser using a lint- free wipe. Finish the nail by applying and massaging one drop of Artistic Revive Cuticle Oil into the cuticle and surrounding skin.
Cure times are:
> 30 seconds in an LED Lamp
> two minutes in a UV lamp.
Flash cures are:
> 10 and 20 seconds in an LED Lamp
> 30 seconds and one minute in a UV Lamp.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.