Lonna Mitchell, manager and nail artist at Pamper Nail Gallery (@pampernailgallery) in Fremont, Calif., created this marbled oceanic design using acrylics.
Follow her @lonnanailedit.
1. Lay a base of clear acrylic. Mitchell used Valentino Beauty Pure in Crystal Clear.
2. Choose a dark blue acrylic and create a non-symmetrical ombre over the clear base. Think of the shape of an ocean tide. Mitchell mixed Valentino Beauty Pure 117 and 118 to get this navy color.
3. Dab a few flakes of Daily Charme Colored Chrome flakes in Teal to add texture.
4. Use Daily Charme Opal Flakes in Ariel to add iridescence.
5. Using Valentino Beauty Pure in Super White, marble some white throughout your design to create a froth effect.
6. Cap your design with clear acrylic. Finish file, buff, and apply top coat.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.