For the glitter-obsessed client, offer her a prismatic design that’s in style for summer. Holographic nail art designs feature an iridescent effect that’s futuristic and trendy. Top the spacey base with a smiley face for a psychedelic feel. Follow these steps from newly licensed nail tech Katie Masters for the how-to.
1. Prep the nail. Apply Presto gel base coat and cure. On the inhibition layer of the base coat, sprinkle CND Additives over the entire nail using a soft bristle brush. Apply clear gel over the pigment and cure. Apply a second coat of pigment if desired.
2. With Presto While Art gel and a small art brush, draw a circle. This will help make the pastel colors pop more and create a good base for the smiley. Cure.
3. Using the same art brush, blob pastels anywhere within the circle for a psychedelic effect. Once the colors are in the desired place, clean the brush and lightly dab the borders of the colors to blend them. Cure.
4. Use a fine-line brush and black gel to create an outline around the smiley.
5. Use a dotting tool and black art gel to draw the eyes.
6. Use a liner brush and draw the smile. Cure. Cap the design with gel top coat and cure.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
The secure and easy all-access connection to your content.
Bookmarked content can then be accessed anytime on all of your logged in devices!