For the glitter-obsessed client, offer her a prismatic design that’s in style for summer. Holographic nail art designs feature an iridescent effect that’s futuristic and trendy. Top the spacey base with a smiley face for a psychedelic feel. Follow these steps from newly licensed nail tech Katie Masters for the how-to.
1. Prep the nail. Apply Presto gel base coat and cure. On the inhibition layer of the base coat, sprinkle CND Additives over the entire nail using a soft bristle brush. Apply clear gel over the pigment and cure. Apply a second coat of pigment if desired.
2. With Presto While Art gel and a small art brush, draw a circle. This will help make the pastel colors pop more and create a good base for the smiley. Cure.
3. Using the same art brush, blob pastels anywhere within the circle for a psychedelic effect. Once the colors are in the desired place, clean the brush and lightly dab the borders of the colors to blend them. Cure.
4. Use a fine-line brush and black gel to create an outline around the smiley.
5. Use a dotting tool and black art gel to draw the eyes.
6. Use a liner brush and draw the smile. Cure. Cap the design with gel top coat and cure.