Transform the classic moonicure into a festive design by adding ornamental details. Using colors from Gelish’s Red Matters collection, follow these steps to execute a holiday red-dy look.
1. After completing a Gelish nail prep, apply a thin coat of Arctic Freeze to the entire nail, making sure to cap the free edge. Cure for 30 seconds in the 18G LED Light. Repeat for full coverage. Using I’m So Hot and a mini striper brush, draw the outline of a teardrop in the upper section of the nail. Cure for 30 seconds.
2. Using the same color and brush, fill in the teardrop and cure for 30 seconds.
3. Create a second, smaller teardrop below the first teardrop with I’m So Hot and the mini striper brush. Then paint four swirls on the sides of the teardrop. Cure for 30 seconds.
4. Using the same color and brush, create three small leaves on the bottom of the second teardrop. Next, create small swirls on the outline of the first tear drop design. Then with a dotting tool and I’m So Hot, add small dots along the first teardrop.
5. Use Arctic Freeze and a mini striper brush to paint half a circle on the top of the nail. Cure for 30 seconds.
6. Using a mini striper brush and Arctic Freeze, add swirls and curves inside the first teardrop. Cure for 30 seconds. Apply a thin coat of Top It Off top coat, making sure to cap the free edge. Cure for 30 seconds. Using Nail Surface Cleanse and Wipe It Off lint-free wipes, remove the inhibition layer. Massage Nourish Cuticle Oil into the skin surrounding the nail plate.
For more information, visit www.gelish.com.