Use China Glaze’s Ghouls’ Night Out collection along with core China Glaze colors to create this ghoulish gradient.
1. On wax paper or the shiny side of a nail form, apply one thin coat of Liquid Leather. While Liquid Leather is still wet, apply Dashboard Dreamer in a swish form to create a ghost outline on the right side. Repeat on the left side to match.
2. Using Looking Bootiful and a striper brush, outline the ghost form, creating a shadow effect. Blend in a small amount of Dashboard Dreamer as needed so the colors melt together. Allow to dry about 15-20 minutes depending on room temperature. (If room is warmer, less time is needed; if room is cooler, more time could be needed.)
3. Using a spatula, gently lift and peel the design off the wax paper. Lay on the nail, positioning carefully. Be sure not to manipulate too much to avoid tearing the appliqué.
4. Once positioned on the nail, use a cuticle pusher or an orangewood stick to press onto the nail and trim off excess.Clean around the cuticle with nail polish remover and a brush.
5. Touch up as needed with appropriate colors.
6. Finish with a coat of Seche Vite and cuticle oil.
7. Apply Drink Up Witches near the cuticle, followed by Looking Bootiful and Liquid Leather on the remaining nail tips. Use enough polish to allow the shades to flow together but not too much to flood the sides. If needed, use a fine brush to drag a little to combine. Allow to dry and apply second coat of each color, allowing them to melt into each other. Once dry completely, apply Seche Vite to protect the design.