An independent nail educator in Orlando, Fla., Nuni Torres is a big fan of sharp and clear nails. To add depth and dimension to his go-to look, Torres experimented and found a little bit of foil manipulation included in the application process can help create a design that’s cool as ice. “Something simple can turn into something amazing with a little love and holiday spirit,” he says.
Follow these steps to create a crystalized glacier look.
1. Clean and prep the nail and apply a nail form.
2. Cut a rectangle-shaped piece of aluminum foil and crinkle it between your fingers. Make sure not to crunch it because it will be hard to open. Unwrinkle the foil and cut out a small piece, making room to slide the foil underneath the free edge and over the nail form.
3. Apply a thin layer of clear acrylic on the free edge dragging the bead away from the nail plate to create the extension. Once dry, gently remove the form and foil. Make sure to handle with care because at this point the glacier extension is very fragile.
4. Using cover pink acrylic, apply a bead by the cuticle and blend a thin layer where the glacier and smile line meet.
5. Place a bead of glitter acrylic mix in the middle between the glacier extension and the cover pink and blend up and down to create a nice faded look.
6. Apply clear acrylic over the entire nail to encapsulate your design. Once it’s completely dry, file and buff the nail.
7. Apply an even layer of gel top coat to the nail. Do not apply gel underneath the extension. Doing so will eliminate the glacier effect. Cure the nail for two minutes under a UV light.
8. To get an even more chic design, add embellishments in a wave motion to create a beautiful sparkling effect.
You Might Also Like: