This feminine, urban design called City Fashion Nails was created by Anna Amelina, a Ukrainian nail tech and the owner of the salon French Guru. It’s perfect for the chic client looking for a statement-making piece and works best with short natural nails. Amelina has spent a significant portion of her career working as a nail designer backstage at fashion shows and photo shoots. She was even invited to participate in Ukrainian Fashion week this year. Fashion trends and prints largely inspire her nail art, and she loves experimenting with new materials.
1. After prepping the nail, apply one very thin layer of gel-polish base coat to each nail surface. Cure for two minutes in a UV lamp.
2. Apply a layer of white gel-polish. Cure for two minutes. Repeat the process with a second layer of polish.
3. With pink gel-polish, paint the background of a rose design on the accent nail and scattered lines on the index finger and pinky nails. Cure for two minutes.
4. Paint two more rose backgrounds in orange and yellow on the ring finger. Paint scattered lines in red, orange, yellow, green, and blue on the index finger and pinky nails. Cure for two minutes.
5. With black gel-polish, add detailing on the roses as well as two hearts on the middle finger. Shade the index finger and pinky nails at the cuticle and free edge with black gel-polish. Cure for two minutes.
6. Fill the hearts with red gel-polish. Cure for two minutes.
7. Paint a few more lines on the index finger and pinky nails with white gel-polish. Cure for two minutes then apply top coat, curing again for two minutes. Remove the sticky inhibition layer and condition the nails with cuticle oil.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.