Colleen Campbell, a Brooklyn, N.Y.-based manicurist with agency The JoeStar Group, has a signature nail style that includes plenty of funky embellishments. She offers these tips for creating glamorous nails with bling.
1. For one-of-a-kind pieces, browse your own jewelry box for scrap pieces of broken accessories. For ready-made embellishments, check out dollarnailart.com and starlightnail.com to purchase a variety of gems, rhinestones, and crystals in cool shapes and colors.
2. Campbell recommends using either IBD Clear Builder Gel or IBD Intense Seal and a UV light. She says, “The IBD sealant will extend the life of embellished nails beyond two weeks.”
3. Use tweezers for placement control.
4. If the embellishments fall off within four days, offer the client a free repair.
5. Inspirations for nail patterns can come from anywhere — your favorite dress, hat, and displayed art.
You Might Also Like: