Elizabeth Ashton Ayurvedic Nail Spa, Long Beach, Calif., uses ingredients from the grocery store to create this specialty pedicure.
Elizabeth Ashton uses:
Apple cider vinegar, sliced lemons, sliced ginger, chickpea flour, sesame oil, plain yogurt, and powdered milk; Keyano Aromatics Mango Mineral Bath and Mango Butter Cream; any brand of body wash and powdered sanitizer soak; base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with a small amount of body wash (any brand) and 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar for five minutes. Dry feet.
2. Complete a client consultation, making sure to examine the feet and ask about relevant medical conditions.
3. Prep nails.
4. Add powdered sanitizer soak (any brand), Keyano Aromatics Mango Mineral Bath, sliced lemons, and sliced ginger to the foot bath. Soak the client’s feet again.
5. Mix together 2 Tbs. chickpea flour with warmed sesame oil. (Optional) Add plain yogurt to make the scrub less messy. Exfoliate the feet and legs with the homemade scrub. Rinse.
6. Rub a sliced lemon on the legs and feet to brighten and exfoliate.
7. Rub a slice of ginger on the nails and feet to whiten.
8. Mix together 2 Tbs. of powdered milk with warm water. Apply the homemade mask to feet and legs. Apply warmed sesame oil to the bottoms of feet. Cover feet with warm towels. After five minutes, remove the mask with the towels.
9. Use a foot file to lessen calluses.
10. Massage feet and legs with Keyano Aromatics Mango Butter Cream.
11. Dry feet. Remove oils from the nail plate. Buff nails to a shine or apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Alternative Names: East Meets West Pedicure, Open Sesame Foot Treatment, Indian Spice & Everything Nice Pedi
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.