“A simple coat of paint or a new seating arrangement will give your salon a new look for spring,” advises Rom Provenzana, owner of Illinois-based Zano Salons. He offers these spring-cleaning tips to spruce up your salon without breaking you budget.
- Scrub the salon. Wash walls, steam-clean the carpets, and strip the linoleum. Wipe down workstations, clean the vents, polish the light fixtures, and wash windows.
- Rearrange the furniture. Change your furniture groupings and rearrange your accents for a fresh look that doesn’t cost a dime. Replace style shots on walls with more updated trends and rotate you other wall-hanging art.
- Make over you retail area. Clear out old merchandise to make way for the new, which you can highlight with new displays and signage geared toward spring fever.
- Paint the walls. Stuck with sterile white? Add color to one or all of your walls.
- Get some palnts. Bring spring inside with flowering houseplants or potted annuals.
- Put up new pictures.
- Freshen up your reading materials. Recycle old magazines and style books.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.