Enter NAILS’ Annual Cover Tech Contest, and in just a few months you could see your nails on our cover. We’re asking professional and student nail technicians to submit digital images of their most spectacular nails. The winning image will appear on NAILS’ January 2017 cover, and the winning nail tech will be featured in a behind-the-scenes interview. Runner-up images will also be presented inside the magazine.
Your submissions may feature natural or artificial nails, hands and/or feet, and may include props. In addition to the quality of the nails, entries will be judged on their overall creativity, composition, and visual appeal. Keep in mind that the cover image will need to fit into our vertical format with room for the NAILS logo and coverlines.
NAILS will determine the finalists and NAILS’ readers will vote for the winner online. All entries must be received by Monday, October 3, 2016. Before submitting your entries, please read the rules and regulations below:
Rules and regulations
- Open to professional nail technicians and students.
- Format: We will accept digital images; images should be 300 dpi, jpg or tiff, and at least 4 x 6 inches.
- Up to three submissions per technician are allowed.
- Images that have been previously published, used in advertising, or are still under consideration for other photo competitions are not acceptable.
- Entries must be received no later than October 3, 2016
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed Model Release Agreement (see below).
- All entries become the property of NAILS Magazine and cannot be returned. Submission of entry implies that your works are original and that you agree to allow NAILS Magazine to use them for editorial and promotional purposes without compensation to you, the photographer, or the model.