Fashion Week: Get the Orly Lace Nail Art Look from the Emerson Show
NAILS Magazine |
February 19, 2013
New York City-based nail artist Miss Pop worked with Orly to create a sexy lace nail look inspired by fabric from Emerson’s fall collection. “For the models’ nails, we wanted to design a look that was romantic, but a little dark and edgy too. And nothing is more sexy and chic than the beautiful lace from the Emerson Fall 2013 collection,” said Miss Pop.
To get the look:
1. Apply one coat of Orly Bonder base coat to the nails.
2. Paint two coats of Orly Nail Lacquer in Pure Porcelain. Allow time for these nude coats to dry completely.
3. Using the Orly detailer brush, draw three diagonal lines from left to right. Then, draw three diagonal lines from right to left. This should create a crisscross pattern like fishnets across the nail.
4. With the larger ball of the Orly Dotter Duo tool, make four dots with Orly Nail Lacquer in After Party at the intersection of each line to create florets.
5. To create the intricate lacework detail, connect the dots using a swooping half-moon motion with the Detailer brush. Allow a few minutes for the look to dry.
6. Top off this lace look with poliSHIELD for a lasting high shine finish.
Maisie Dunbar recently got the chance to speak at the Girls Who Rule the World Retreat, a mentoring program for young girls. She also arranged manicures for them. She shares her experience in this blog.