Another great question we get asked a lot is, “How can I get [myself, my salon, my nail art, my story, my services, my demos] to be featured in NAILS Magazine?”
We are always (ALWAYS!) looking for interesting stories and new sources and contacts. And there are really so many opportunities to see yourself and your salon and your work in our magazine.
This link on our website has all of our contact information and a basic breakdown of who on the editorial team handles different departments. A few ideas of the types of things we’re looking for:
1. Nail art! Obviously, we feature a lot of nail art in the pages of NAILS and we’re always looking for new contributors. You can send pictures of your real work on clients, you can send pictures of nail tips that you’ve designed, or you can send actual nail tips and we’ll shoot them. Contact Beth.Livesay@bobit.com if you want to send nail art. (Remember we work about three months ahead of time so if you have seasonal or holiday nail art, we’d need it three months before the actual holiday.)
2. Technical how-tos, step-by-steps, and demos. Do you do a really cool set of nails that someone might want to learn how to do? Take pictures of the steps and explain how you did each of the steps. Make sure to shoot a final shot of the look as well. You can send these to Katherine.Fleming@bobit.com. (Contact Katherine or peruse the pages of NAILS to see the types of things we’ve done in the past if you want some ideas on what we’re looking for.)
3. Do you want us to come visit your salon for an On The Road article or for us to write a profile on your salon? E-mail me at Judy.Lessin@bobit.com. In the e-mail, include a little information about your salon, links to your website, and some pictures of your salon if they aren’t on your website.
6. Are you an expert in a particular segment of the nail industry (gels, acrylics, natural nails, pedicures, business-building, marketing/promotions, salon management, nail trends, salon design, sanitation, healthy working, etc.)? E-mail Judy.Lessin@bobit.com and she’ll make sure you get added to a list of possible story contacts.
7. Familiarize yourself with the magazine. If you’re a regular reader, you’ll know what types of items we’re looking for from nail techs and salon owners. Feel free to e-mail me anytime if you have something that might be of interest to us here. You’ll never know if it’s something that we’d be interested in covering unless you ask. We’re all really friendly (at least most of the time, I promise!) and we’ll either file it away for a future issue or let you know if we need more information from you.
For features on nailsmag.com or NAILS social media accounts:
1. Tag #nailsmagazine in photos on Instagram, FB, and Twitter
2. Send hi-res images to firstname.lastname@example.org for a feature on our 365 Days of Nail Art blog.
3. Make sure and follow us on Instagram (@nailsmagazine) to get an idea for the type of content we like to post.
I look forward to seeing more of you in the future pages of NAILS!
Have a question for Ask an Editor? Leave it as a comment below or e-mail it to email@example.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
The secure and easy all-access connection to your content.
Bookmarked content can then be accessed anytime on all of your logged in devices!