Final Challenge: Gelish
Once Upon a Dream
For the final part of our three-part finale, we asked our Final 3 contestants to create a fantasy nail art project based on our premiere sponsor Gelish’s Spring 2014 collection titled “Once Upon a Dream.
Everyone loves a fairytale. Gelish’s Spring 2014 collection is called Once Upon a Dream. Romantically chic and unique, the six shades were designed to create the fairest manicure of them all. With names like Fairest of Them All Bright; Oh What a Knight; She’s My Beauty; All Haile The Queen; Kiss Me, I’m a Prince; and My One Blue Love, the collection invokes a lovely spring day in a magical world.
We challenged our Top 3 to create a set of fantasy nail art inspired by this collection. They were allowed to interpret Once Upon a Dream any way they wanted, as long as they went all out.
Here’s what we asked of them:
• Their design should be spread across 10 nail tips.
• They must use all materials/mediums (gel, gel-polish, acrylic, hand-painting, 3-D sculpting, other items they wanted to incorporate) to create their look.
• We will be showcasing these nails in custom boxes that measure 8.5” X 11” and will be 8” tall. (So we asked to see height on thenails.)
• We also encouraged them to present the nails in an interesting way with propping/styling to your liking.
• In addition to creating the nails, we asked them to create inspiration boards on Pinterest and to shoot video talking about their inspiration and showing how they created the nails.
Now it’s up to you. Voting for part 3 of the final challenge is only open until Sunday, January 26 at 3 pm. So make sure to vote for your favorite below.