A great signature manicure always starts with top-notch ingredients and a good idea. Themed hand care collections are always a great choice, so why not take inspiration from some of the industry’s top manufacturers. Read on to discover some new signature services created by a variety of companies using their own hand care lines.
Nouveau Nail Tropical Escape Manicure
• Tropical Twist Natural Nail Collection
• Relax Sea Salt Soak
• Remove Scrub Gel
• Refresh Exfoliating Crème
• Rejuvenate Crème Masque
• Renew Hydrating Lotion
The Tropical Escape Manicure uses a five-piece natural nail care set from Nouveau Nail that can also be used for pedicures. The recommended time length for this service is 45 minutes.
1. Start the service with a gentle shoulder massage to help the client relax. Exfoliate the client’s arm up to the elbow with Refresh Exfoliating Crème with Eucalyptus and Peppermint to remove dead cells and soothe the new skin.
2. Remove the crème with a warm towel and apply Rejuvenate Crème Masque with Cocoa and Shea Butter. Wrap the client’s arms with plastic wrap for maximum moisture absorption. File nails to your client’s desired length and shape. Soak her fingers in a warm Relax Sea Salt Soak with essential oils. Gently push back each cuticle with an orangewood stick and remove fraying cuticles with a metal implement.
3. Discard the plastic wrap and remove remaining Crème Masque with a warm towel and pat dry. Slowly massage the hands and arms with Renew Hydrating Lotion with avocado and grapeseed oil for supple skin. Next, cleanse the nail plates and apply base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat. End the service with a gentle shoulder massage.
CND Tangerine Tango Manicure
Price: $25 - $35
• Scentsations Tangerine & Lemongrass Lotion
• Cuticle Eraser
• Citrus Smoothing Crème
• Citrus Hydrating Lotion
• Citrus Milk Bath
• Citrus Moisture Scrub
• Citrus Illuminating Masque
CND’s Tangerine Tango Manicure uses tangerine and citrus-infused products to help skin feel softer, smoother, and younger. The nourishing lotions and milk bath pamper the skin while the masque works to replenish lost moisture.
1. Begin with a hand wash using Scentsations Tangerine & Lemongrass Lotion and warm water. Remove nail color. Pour Citrus Milk Bath into a small bowl and soak fully immersed fingertips for three to five minutes. If nails are thin and flexible, trim length and shape prior to placing the hands into the bath. After soaking, pour in an equal amount of warm water to create a conditioning milky solution. Have the client swirl her fingers to mix.
2. Remove one hand from the bath and dry. Trim and shape nails. Apply a pearl-sized drop of CuticleAway around the cuticle area of each nail. Gently lift and loosen any cuticle with a cuticle pusher. Use a manicure nipper to carefully remove any loosened cuticle tissue, dead skin, or hangnails. Cleanse the skin with liquid soap and warm water to neutralize and remove all CuticleAway.
3. Squeeze a pearl-sized drop of Cuticle Eraser onto each eponychium and thoroughly rub into the skin. Without removing the Cuticle Eraser, apply a drop of SolarOil to the base of the nail plate and surrounding tissue. Massage thoroughly into nails and skin, and leave on nails. For one to two minutes, gently massage a scoop of Citrus Moisture Scrub onto the hand. Rinse with water from the bowl and remove scrub with a moist sponge. Dry with a clean towel and wrap to keep warm. Repeat the exfoliation steps on the other hand.
4. Massage Citrus Illuminating Masque onto both hands. Optionally, you can pre-warm the mask in a small container with warm water. Wrap both hands in clean towels and allow the masque to penetrate for three to five minutes, or insert wrapped hands into heated mitts. Remove hands from the towel and wipe away excess masque with a moist sponge. Dry with a towel.
5. Warm Scentsations Tangerine & Lemongrass Lotion between your palms to thoroughly massage the hands and arms up to the elbow. Wipe hands and arms with a clean towel and apply Citrus Soothing Crème to dry patches. Finish with base coat, color, and top coat.
Young Nails Lomasi Mango Coconut Manicure
• Lomasi Moisturizing Antiseptic Spray
• Lomasi Mango Coconut Scrub
• Lomasi Mango Coconut Lotion or Crème
• Rose Cuticle Oil
Courtesy of Young Nails, the Mango Coconut Manicure uses products from the Lomasi collection to help quench skin in need of serious moisture. The mango works to soothe dry skin while the coconut oil refreshes hands and moisturizes quickly.
1. Begin by sanitizing the client’s hands with a spritz of Lomasi Moisturizing Antiseptic Spray. Apply cuticle softener on each finger and gently push back cuticles with an orangewood stick or a metal implement. Use cuticle nippers to remove any excess skin or hangnails, if necessary.
2. Massage hands with Lomasi’s Mango Coconut creamy sugar-based scrub to gently exfoliate the client’s skin. Rinse the client’s hands or use a warm wet towel to remove the scrub and cuticle softener. Apply Rose Oil onto each cuticle and massage in.
3. Apply Mango Coconut Lotion or Mango Coconut Crème on hands and place in a hand warmer for about five minutes. Once hands are warmed, massage the lotion or crème into the skin. Next, shape and buff the nails. Before applying color, clean the nail plate with Swipe to help polish adhere. Finish up the service with base coat, two coats of lacquer, and a top coat.
Cuccio Natural Age Delay Add on Service
Price: $10 - $15
• Hand Anti-Oxidant Kit
• Pomegranate & Fig Daily
• Lyte Ultra-Sheer Body Butter in Pomegranate & Açai
• Deep Dermal Transforming Wrap and application brush
• Grapeseed Hand
Cuccio Naturalé’s Age Delay add-on signature service is ideal for clients looking to give their hands a youthful skin care boost. Each product contains a heavy dose of antioxidants, which are great at fighting free radicals and renewing the appearance of skin.
1. Begin by using the Pomegranate & Fig Daily Skin Polisher on hands. Apply a dollop of polisher to the one hand and gently rub in a circular motion to help slough off dead skin cells. After rinsing and drying the first hand, repeat the gentle massage and rinse on the other hand.
2. Spray the Grapeseed Hand Anti-Oxidant Oil onto hands to help firm up skin with natural peptides and beneficial vitamins.
3. Apply the Deep Dermal Transforming Wrap treatment on each hand using the wood handle application brush. Use gentle brush strokes and apply an even layer of product. Wrap coated hands with a warm towel for five to 10 minutes before rinsing off to help intensify the treatment.
4. Massage the Pomegranate & Açai Butter Lyte into the skin. The lightweight, whipped formula works to lock in hydration for up to 24 hours. Proceed with the rest of the manicure service or apply base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat.
OPI Spa Manicure
• Manicure by OPI Skin Renewal Scrub
• Manicure by OPI Effervescent Soak
• Manicure by OPI Rejuvenating Serum
• Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment
• Manicure by OPI Finishing Butter
• N.A.S. 99 Nail Antiseptic
• Nail Lacquer
• Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops
Created by OPI concept salon ROB|B, the OPI Spa Manicure is a signature service designed to reinvigorate hands with natural minerals and brightening ingredients. The recommended time for this service is 60 minutes.
1. Sanitize the client’s hands with a hot towel. Remove any existing lacquer, and clip and shape nails. Begin by gently exfoliating one hand with Manicure by OPI Skin Renewal Scrub to eliminate dryness and dead skin. Wrap the hand in a hot towel, then soak in Manicure by OPI Effervescent Soak to help infuse minerals and brightener into the skin. Remove the scrub and wrap the hand in a hot towel. Repeat step one on the second hand.
2. Apply Manicure by OPI Rejuvenating Serum to the back of hands and arms. The treatment imparts skin with natural lightening ingredients as well as grapeseed and licorice extracts. Apply OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment on both hands, working into cuticles to soften and eliminate dry areas.
3. Moisturize skin with Manicure by OPI Finishing Butter. The butter’s SPF 15 and hydrating emollients work to protect skin against sun damage. Clean nails with N.A.S. 99 to remove excess oils for improved adhesion. Apply Nail Lacquer, followed by Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops to speed up drying time and treat cuticles with jojoba and vitamin E.
Essie Signature Manicure
• Purifying Hand Treatment
• Purifying Hand Wash
• Manicure Revitalizer
• Refreshing Nail Cleanser
• Apricot Cuticle Oil
• Purifying Nail Polish Remover
• Base Coat
• Nail Polish
• Top Coat
• Quick-E Drying Drops
The Essie Signature Manicure uses products from the Naturally Clean by Essie collection to gently cleanse hands while revitalizing nails, cuticles, and skin. Optionally, age-defying Essie Ejuvenate treatments can be added into the service.
1. Purify your hands and your client’s with the water-free Purifying Hand Treatment. Then, remove any nail polish with Purifying Nail Polish Remover. After gently wiping away any polish, have your client wash her hands with Purifying Hand Wash. Towel dry by patting gently. Trim, file, and buff the nails.
2. For nourishing nail and cuticle care, place one vitamin-enriched Manicure Revitalizer tablet into a bowl of warm water, and allow your client to enjoy the aroma-therapeutic hand soak for five minutes. Next, apply a drop of Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil around the cuticles, and massage before gently wiping off the excess oil. Gently push back the cuticles with a metal implement and trim any excess skin if necessary.
3. Apply a pea-sized amount of Purifying Hand Treatment to each hand, and massage the hands and fingers for 20 seconds, until the product is fully absorbed. Pay extra attention to the nails and cuticles. Follow by misting the nails with Naturally Clean Refreshing Nail Cleanser. This preps the nail for the polish. To ensure there is no remaining residue, dip a cotton pad into Purifying Nail Polish Remover and carefully wipe the nail plate clean.
4. Apply a thin layer of Essie base coat to each nail. Follow with two coats of your client’s choice of Essie nail color and apply whichever Essie top coat best suits your client’s needs. After the nails are dry but before your client leaves, apply a few drops of Essie Quick-E Drying Drops to prevent nicks, smudges, and dents.
SpaRitual Infinitely Loving Shortcut Hand Ritual
• Infinitely Loving Candle
• Organic Fragrant Mist
• Visionary Cleanser
• Fluent Gentle Conditioning
Lacquer Remover Cuti-Quench
• Infinitely Loving Soak Tonic
• Andale Dry and Shine Drops
• True Bond Primer for Natural Nails
• Nail Lacquer
• True Bond Stronghold Top Coat
• True Bond Stronghold Base Coat
SpaRitual’s Infinitely Loving Shortcut hand ritual incorporates organic jasmine oil to help rejuvenate the client’s skin and revitalize manicure and pedicure treatments. The service also features a variety of other certified organic ingredients to help balance the heart chakra.
1. Prepare the Infinitely Loving Candle and mist the environment with the client’s choice of Organic Fragrant Mist. Begin by sanitizing your client’s hands with Visionary Cleanser. Remove any existing nail lacquer using the Fluent Gentle Conditioning Lacquer Remover. Next, trim and shape the nails with a SpaRitual Eco File.
2. Apply Cuti-Quench to each cuticle and massage in. Combine one capful of Infinitely Loving Soak Tonic and one scoop of Infinitely Loving Bath Salts in warm water. After soaking the client’s hands for a few minutes, apply Cuti-Clean to nails and cuticles. Gently push cuticles with an orangewood stick or metal implement. Next, apply Cuti-Cocktail to cuticles and massage.
3. Use a nail wipe with Visionary Cleanser to ensure the nail bed is free of residue. Apply TrueBond Primer for Natural Nails followed by TrueBond Stronghold Basecoat. Apply two coats of nail lacquer and follow with TrueBond Stronghold Topcoat. Finish the manicure with Andale Dry and Shine Drops.
LCN's Ognx Organic Manicure
• Ognx Hand Peeling
• Ognx Nail Care Pen
• Ognx Hand Mask
• Ognx Nail Balm
• Ognx Hand Cream Intensive
• Ognx Hand Cream Soft
LCN’s Ognx Organic Manicure uses all 100% certified organic products to help hands rejuvenate from the daily stress of household and occupational exposure. Dry chapped skin becomes tender and smooth, and nails enjoy a new stability after treatment. The products have a pleasant, light texture and are enriched with high-quality argan oil.
1. Disinfect the customer’s hands and use a rosewood stick to push back cuticles. Use a natural file to shape, and apply Ognx Nail Balm to the cuticle and gently massage it in. The Nail Balm provides special care to torn and brittle cuticles and is infused with Vitamin E which is said to increase the skin’s moisture content and promote cell regeneration.
2. Use a spatula to remove the Ognx Hand Mask from its container. Use a mask brush to apply it to the back of the customer’s hands. The mask should be worked in with light strokes toward the heart. The Hand Mask contains valuable ingredients such as honey, grapeseed, and argan oil to intensify the hydrating and nourishing effect of the mask.
3. Lastly, when you have completed the treatment, apply either Ognx Soft Hand Cream or Ognx Intensive Hand Cream depending on the customer’s skin needs. The Intensive Cream is the perfect solution for demanding and very dry skin, and contains shea butter and high-quality olive oil to intensify the hydrating effect on skin. The Soft Cream uses calendula oil, jojoba, and argan oil, and can be used several times daily.