The idea of these ticking lists — of things to accomplish before you “kick the bucket,” so to speak — are gaining popularity via blogs, ad campaigns, and other media outlets. We asked our readers to share their professional ones. (No offense to pros-and-cons lists, but we think bucket lists are much more fun!)
Bucket List of: Nykicia S. Anderson, Upper Marlboro, Md.
1. Become an educator or mentor more nail techs.
2. Earn my e-file certification.
3. Attend the week-long Young Nails acrylic and gel class in California.
4. Host my own networking day for nail techs.
5. Develop my own product line.
6. Open my own nail studio.
7. Have my nails done by Princess Gard , Amy Oung, Anjanette Saint-Bartlett, and Joy McCray.
8. Have my nails showcased on the cover of NAILS Magazine.
9. Enter a competition and place.
10. Be a part of an editorial photo shoot.
Bucket List of: Sharon Byrne Ne Webb, United Kingdom
1. Get my masters in Shellac and acrylic with CND.
2. Become an education ambassador for CND.
3. Enter nail competitions.
4. Open my own training school.
5. Do the nails for a photo shoot.
6. Be part of London/Milan/Paris fashion week.
7. Do a celebrity’s nails.
Bucket List of: Laura McCarthy, Divine Digitz, Bantry, Co.Cork, Ireland
1. Become an educator.
2. Enter the international nail competitions.
3. Do a few famous people’s nails, preferably with mad art, i.e. Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, or Lady Gaga.
4. Earn enough through my passion to provide enough and more for my kids and their educations.
5. Win some nail art championships.
6. Meet and train with the world’s best and most talented nail artists.
7. Be so highly regarded that I get a cover of NAILS Magazine (or an interview at least!).
Next page: The most common bucket list items