Follow these steps to create a bejeweled nail perfect for a royal ball.
This spring will be more than a dream as Gelish introduces the Cinderella Spring 2015 Collection featuring three Gelish Trends glitters, five creams, and a sparkly shade called If the Slipper Fits. Celebrating Walt Disney Pictures’ March 27 release of the live-action film, the set showcases a unique fairy tale palette inspired by the movie to make anyone’s heart make a wish.
Follow these steps to see how Hanna Yakavenka, master educator for Hand and Nail Harmony, created a bejeweled nail perfect for a royal ball.
1. After completing the Gelish nail prep, apply a thin coat of Live Like There’s No Midnight making sure to cap the free edge. Cure in the 18G LED light for 30 seconds. Apply a second coat and cure.
2. Using a dabbing method, apply I’ll Make It Fit to the free edge and fade up the nail slightly. Cure for 30 seconds under the 18G LED light.
3. Apply Top It Off to the entire nail, making sure to cap the free edge. Cure. Cleanse the inhibition layer from the nail using Nail Surface Cleanser and a Wipe It Off lint-free wipe.
4. With a striper brush and Meet the King create an oval shape in the center of the nail plate. Cure. After curing, press green transfer foil onto the gold oval made with Meet the King.
5. With a striper brush and Structure Gel, build a raised oval over the top of the green foil. Cure. Repeat this step if needed for desired shape.
6. Using a striper brush and Meet the King, outline the green jewel and add gold dots around the perimeter. Cure.
7. Press gold transfer foil around the outline created with Meet the King. Apply Top It Off to the entire nail, making sure to cap the free edge. Cure. Cleanse the inhibition layer from the nail using Nail Surface Cleanser and Wipe It Off.
8. Message Nourish Cuticle Oil into the skin surrounding the nail plate to finish the look.
You Might Also Like:
Cinderella Spring 2015 Gelish Collection "Stroke at Midnight"