Julie Ventura of Long Beach, Calif., shows how to make this watercolor design.
Julie Ventura (@juliev37) of Long Beach, Calif., shows how to make this watercolor design.
1. Paint the nail with two coats of CND Shellac Studio White.
2. In a mixing tray, add some pink acrylic paint and mix it with water until you get a milky color. Apply the mixture in splotches randomly on the nail.
3. Before it has the chance to dry completely, use a dry brush or small piece of towel to soak up the excess water, leaving behind a soft pink rim.
4. Repeat with yellow acrylic paint, partially layering over the pink.
5. Continue the pattern with orange, purple, and white acrylic paint to soften the design. Apply top coat to finish.