Chris Mans from Jeweled Nails, a salon and academy in Lake Forest, Calif., shows how he created a cozy country-themed bridal nail design.
Chris Mans from @Jeweled Nails, a salon and academy in Lake Forest, Calif., shows how he created a cozy country-themed bridal non-traditional nail design using ivory and peach as wedding colors.
1. Apply a mixture of gold and silver glitter on the bottom third of the nails and a creamy ivory on the rest of the nail.
2. Apply a shiny top coat on the glitter part and a matte top coat on the ivory color.
3. Mix the ivory color with a very thick gel and start painting a knitted sweater pattern over the ivory.
4. Finish the pattern by curing frequently to prevent the gel from moving too much.
5. Go over the raised surface with a matte top coat. Do not apply it over the entire design as the top coat with bleed unto the nail and you will lose definition of the knitted pattern.
6. Use a thick gel to place three large drops where the ivory and glitter meet.
7. Paint the drops with a peach color and swirl the ivory color with a perfect spiral on each drop.
8. Finish the design with a top coat over the drops and place opal stones between them.