Michelle Whitaker, a nail artist at Salon Legacy in Rolla, Mo., created this cute shamrock design especially for NAILS Magazine in honor of March 17, St. Patrick’s Day.
Michelle Whitaker is a skilled nail artist at Salon Legacy in Rolla, Mo. Most of her work can be seen on her salon’s Facebook page. Whitaker created this cute three-leaf clover design especially for NAILS Magazine in honor of March 17, St. Patrick’s Day. Artistic’s Colour Gloss line was used to complete this look; however, it can also be accomplished with any of your favorite gel or gel-polish products.
1. Prep the nail by lightly buffing it and then wiping it clean with nail cleanser. Apply bonding gel and cure for 10 seconds in an LED or one minute in a UV lamp.
2. Apply one coat of bright shimmery green. (Whitaker used Artistic’s Envied.) Cure the nail for 30 seconds in an LED light or two minutes in a UV lamp. Apply a second coat but do not cure.
3. Using a small brush, apply metallic gold and metallic gray (Whitaker used Artistic’s Swag and Gorgeous) in the shape of a clover. Use a marbling tool to pull down through the centers of the clover leaves and then cure.
4. Use black acrylic paint to highlight areas of the marbling that need more detail. Let the design dry for one minute.
5. Use a small brush to press in loose green and gold glitter.
6. Apply two coats of glossing gel and cure for 30 seconds in an LED light and two minutes in a UV lamp between coats. Remove the inhibition layer with alcohol. As optional St. Patrick’s Day glam, you can coat the nail with another layer of gold glitter and cure.