KISS nail products helped make the looks for Rebecca Minkoff’s "I Love New York" Capsule Collection, a celebration of the fashion brand’s 20th anniversary. Drawing inspiration from the city that has shaped her brand, Minkoff delivers pieces that align with the brand’s reputation: leather and studs, chunky chains, zippers and fringe, all reimagined and transported into the metaverse. This collection introduces a first-of-its-kind, immersive NFT experience and auction for consumers on a global scale. By owning their own piece of this project, individuals have the opportunity to showcase their personal identity in a new light.
“This season for Rebecca Minkoff, I created two different nail looks that, juxtaposed together, tell the story of a Glam Rockstar and a Glowing Goddess," explains celebrity nail artist and KISS Brand Ambassador Gina Edwards (@ginaedwards_). "Starting with a neutral base, the nails come to life with edgy and flirty touches, an homage to the NYC collection." Edwards shares her get-the-look steps.
- Select correct size of imPRESS Press-on Manicure in Evanesce, and place aside in order.
- One at a time, use a foil glue to spread on half of the nail. Be sure to give nails time to dry.
- Press gold transfer foil lay on nails, and then gently remove for a distressed and imperfect look
- Using black KISS nail artist’s paint, cover the tip of the nail in a free form design
- For the base, select KISS Salon Acrylic Natural Nails in Crystal, and size all nails.
- Pick medium or small-sized crystals; using KISS Powerflex Precision Glue, place on nails to fill in full nail base.
- Use KISS powerful glue.
- In order to maintain brilliance, do not use clear coat.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.