OPI’s Terribly Nice Collection for Holiday 2023 includes 14 shades embracing everyone’s inner duality with seven playful, sweet, and cheerful “nice” shades and seven bold, sexy, and provocative “naughty” hues.
In the “nice” assortment, highly saturated colors have a rainbow effect that’s joyful and uplifting, including metallic shades of golden cream, rose gold, and lavender. Shimmering hues of white with lilac undertones and a jewel-toned fuchsia give nails dimension, while sparkly lilac glitter and deep lavender crème offer one of the season’s trendiest hues in different finishes.
The “naughty” selection incorporates darker jewel tones and strong metals, including metallic shades of gray gold and warm gold, as well as a black multicolored glitter. Teal, brown, and forest green hues feature elegant shimmer finishes. The collection is rounded out with a classic red crème with burgundy undertones.
"The holiday season is a special time for people, and nails play a big role in creating that celebratory feel. Nails are bolder during the holidays, and even have a touch of camp this season, with nail art and embellishments ranging from elegant to over-the-top playful, accentuating and completing holiday looks. OPI’s Terribly Nice collection includes lots of shades packed with glitter, shimmer, and metallic tones – I’m already thinking of what festive clothes I’ll pair with these holiday hues! It’s never too early for the holiday season.”
— Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Co-Founder and Brand Ambassador
“With this collection, we’re embracing the idea that each of us is both a little naughty and a little nice,” added OPI Global Director of Color Equity Jill Bartoshevich. “That’s why we’ve selected two hero shades: Rebel with a Clause, a classic go-to holiday red with a provocative edge, and Shaking My Sugarplums, a trending metallic lavender that’s perfect for holiday parties with its cheerful shimmer and shine.”
Terribly Nice Collection
- Chill ‘Em with Kindness: Baby it’s bold outside in white and lilac shimmer.
- Salty Sweet Nothings: A metallic golden cream that’s the best of both worlds.
- It’s a Wonderful Spice: Spice up the season in metallic rose gold.
- Blame the Mistletoe: Seal this shimmery fuchsia with a kiss.
- Shaking My Sugarplums: Gift ‘em a shoe in metallic lavender.
- Sickeningly Sweet: A deep lavender crème that’s irresistibly sweet.
- Put On Something Ice: Frost yourself in multicolored lilac glitter.
- Yay or Neigh: Say yay to sleigh in this grey and gold metallic.
- Rebel with A Clause: A bold red crème that’s naughty n’ nice.
- Let’s Scrooge: A shimmery teal that’s bah hum-fun.
- Hot Toddy Naughty: Pour yourself a naughty brown shimmer.
- Five Golden Flings: A metallic gold yule wanna flirt with.
- Peppermint Bark and Bite: A shimmery forest green with a sweet bite.
- Hot & Coaled: Make the naughty list #coals in black multicolored glitter.
Terribly Nice Collection shades are available in GelColor, Infinite Shine, and Nail Lacquer formulas. GelColor provides a salon-perfect finish with up to three-week wear, while Infinite Shine offers a high-shine finish and traditional lacquer application. Nail Lacquer features a highly-pigmented, rich formula for even application without streaking.
Terribly Nice Collection Nail Lacquers retail for $11.49 ($13.95 CAN) each, and Infinite Shine colors retail for $13.99 ($16.95 CAN) each at professional salons, OPI.com, ULTA, ulta.com, and Amazon Beauty via Amazon.com. GelColor is an in-salon professional service only.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.