Tailor your nail art offerings this week by dedicating services to moms. This step-by-step by nail tech Fabian Robles of Vernis Nail Bar in Woodland Hills, Calif., shows you how you can add an accent design that is perfect for a Mother’s Day manicure.
1. Prep the nail and apply Gelish Foundation soak-off base gel. Apply two coats of Gelish Arctic Freeze and cure each coat for 30 seconds in an LED light.
2. Use a detail brush and black acrylic paint to outline a heart in the center of the nail.
3. Draw a ribbon in the center of the heart using black acrylic paint and a detail brush.
4. Using white acrylic paint, cover up the black line of the heart so the ribbon looks like it is wrapping around the heart.
5. Using red acrylic paint, fill in the heart. Be careful not to draw over the ribbon. Touch up any of the black lines of the ribbon if needed.
6. Mix orange and white paint to get a light orange color and use that to paint the ribbon.
7. Once the ribbon is dry, use black acrylic paint and a thin detailing brush to write “Mom” in the center of the ribbon. Seal the look with top coat and cure.