Pinellas Park, Fla.-based nail tech Devin Strebler created this adorable groundhog nail art.
1. Create the outline of the groundhog’s body using Young Nails Mission Control Gel in Clutch and cure.
2. Using a nude gel (Strebler mixed hers with yellow) create the stomach, mouth area, and details in the ears. Cure. Using Young Nails Mission Control Gel in Overdrive, add tiny spots for eyes and a large nose. Cure.
3. Using a different nude that’s slightly darker than the previous one, create the ground area. Tap dark brown onto the nude color for a dirt effect. Cure.
4. Using black and gray, create hands. Using Young Nails Mission Control Gel in Fizz create large teeth and tiny dots for pupils on the black eyes. Cure.
5. Outline your design with black gel and add details. Finish with your favorite top gel (Strebler used Presto Gel SC-95 blue for the sky and Presto Gel matte top coat).
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.