1. Prep the nail, apply base coat, and cure. Paint nail with two coats of a coral gel-polish, curing after each coat
2. Apply a thin layer of top coat and add pieces of mylar and bits of glitter to the uncured coat. Cure. Apply top coat again and cure.
3. Apply a thin layer of white gel-polish and use a dotting tool to add top coat over the white color to create a fish scale effect. Cure.
4. Use a gold frame embellishment to create the base of a cabochon and add gold seashells for more details. Adhere with gel and cure.
5. Mix blue glitter and gel top coat and add the custom blend to the center of the gold frame to make a cabochon. Add a seashell in the center and cure. Use a clear builder gel to fill in the frame. Cure. Seal the look with top coat, cure, and cleanse.
Nails by Raquel Calixto, Wicked Nailz, Sacramento, Calif. @wickednailz
Want to see your nail art how-to here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also mail your tips (one for each step) and written instructions to Sigourney Nuñez, NAILS Magazine, 3520 Challenger St., Torrance, CA 90503. Make sure to include your name, salon name (if applicable), city, state, and contact information. When mailing us tips for Nail Art Studio, please mail them in a padded envelope or box to keep the nail tips fully intact in transit.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.