Monochromatic nail art doesn’t have to be boring. Use a gel-on-gel-polish design in the same color to make beautiful 3-D art. Shannon Rooney of Las Vegas shows how to create this look, inspired by OPI guest artist Adela Munoz at the ISSE Long Beach Show.
1. Clean and prep nails for OPI Gel Color application (model is wearing OPI Absolute Acrylic nails).
2. Apply one thin coat of OPI Gel Color Base Coat. Make sure to cap the free edges with every Gel Color coat. Cure for 30 seconds.
3. Apply OPI Alpine Snow Gel Color and cure for 30 seconds.
4. Apply a second coat of OPI Alpine Snow Gel Color and cure for 30 seconds.
5. Apply OPI Matte Top Coat Gel Color and cure for 30 seconds. Remove the residue using NAS 99 and Expert Touch lint-free wipes.
6. Drop a bead of OPI Alpine Snow Gel Color onto an Expert Touch Removal Wrap.
7. Create swirls using an OPI Competition Design brush. Add geometric designs to fill in large empty spaces.
8. Place dots throughout the design using a dotting tool. Cure for 30 seconds, and you’re finished.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.