Nail artist and instructor Alessandra Marchesi created this Nightmare Before Christmas nail art that appears in the December issue of Nail Art Gallery Magazine.
1. On freshly done acrylic nails put two coats of Wild Orchid by Color Club. Wait two minutes for the polish to set.
2. Using Revvolution add some strokes of color, starting from the cuticle. This color is darker than the base, so it goves the illusion of the night sky.
3. With Meadow by Ruby Wing, add some more strokes to add movement to the background. Clean the brush to remove most of the product before using it on the nails, so you can obtain narrow lines.
4. Repeat the previous step with white polish.
5. With the same white color, draw an irregular French. This will be the snow on the ground. You don’t need to be perfect, just trace some curved lines.
6. Mix acrylic colors to reach a dark gray, and use a Kolinsky striper to draw the trees. Make them slightly thick at the base.
7. Using a darker acrylic paint (almost black) draw the branches. Give them an organic look by paying attention to the movement of the design.
8. Use a medium gray and a light gray to paint some dots (the snow descending from the sky).
9. Use two coats of Si Vous Pleaseto add glitter to the snow on the ground and Sugarplum Fairyto add a touch of light.
10. Draw the shape of the Jack Skellington holding a heart shaped Christmas ornament with black acrylic paint. On the other hand, draw a little heart.
11. Using various shades of gray and red, add details to Jack and the broken heart. Don’t forget to paint the tiny skeletal hands.
12. Complete the look by painting Ruby Slippers on Jack’s hat, backpack, ornament, and on the broken heart.
13. Just add top coat and you’re done.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
The secure and easy all-access connection to your content.
Bookmarked content can then be accessed anytime on all of your logged in devices!
Already a member? Log In