1. OPI Scholarships: Nail products manufacturer OPI, via The Schaeffer Family Foundation, selects two deserving nail technology/manicuring program students monthly for a $500 scholarship at preferred OPI schools (it offers scholarships to cosmetology students as well). Applicants must include an essay on why they want to become a nail tech, plus get a written recommendation from a licensed beauty professional. Print applications at www.opi.com/career/Forms/Scholarship_Info_And_Application_2012.pdf.
2. Beauty Schools Directory Cosmetology Scholarship: Beauty Schools Marketing Group awards a $2,500 scholarship each quarter to an aspiring cosmetologist. We checked in with the group and confirmed that aspiring nail techs are eligible (you don’t have to enter a hairstylist program). Scholarship recipients must enroll in a qualified institution of their choice within one year of the date the recipient is notified of winning the scholarship. Send your students to this link to fill out the online application: www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/cosmetology-school-scholarships.php
3. National-Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology (NIC) Aurie J. Gosnell Scholarship: To apply for an NIC $1,250 Aurie J. Gosnell Scholarship for study and training in the cosmetology field, aspiring nail techs must include three reference letters, a personal essay detailing why the person wants to be licensed in the cosmetology field (nail tech, barber, cosmetologist, or esthetician), and a signed copy of the scholarship rules. Print out copies of the complete rules at www.nictesting.org/Aurie Gosnel 2012 Application.doc.
4. PBA | NCA Sally Beauty Excel Scholarship: Funded by Sally Beauty Supply and administered by PBA | NCA, applications for this scholarship are reviewed by a committee appointed by the president of the NCA section. This annual program awards seven $1,000 scholarships to high school graduates with the desire to enter the cosmetology profession (aspiring nail techs are eligible). All scholarship winners are recognized at the International Salon & Spa Expo (ISSE) Long Beach. (Scholarships for licensed techs for continuing education expenses are available as well.) More details are available at www.probeauty.org/scholarships.
5. PBA | NCA Minerva Beauty Scholarship: Even if a student is already enrolled in your school, it’s not too late to apply for financial aid. PBA | NCA Minerva Beauty Scholarship applications awards five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students currently enrolled in an accredited cosmetology program, including nail programs. These scholarships are funded by salon equipment manufacturer Minerva Beauty and administered by the Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association. Hand out this application in your classroom: www.probeauty.org/docs/minerva_application.pdf.
You Might Also Like: