All you need is a trip to the grocery store to get the ingredients for this Thanksgiving-appropriate pedicure by Chicago's Aracely's Nails.
Aracely's Nails, Chicago, uses: Sweet potatoes, olive oil, brown sugar, unscented lotion, base coat, polish, top coat.
1. Before the client arrives, steam slices of peeled sweet potato. Put aside a few slices for the soak and puree the rest of the potatoes and add a little bit of olive oil for the mask. For the scrub, mix brown sugar with olive oil.
2. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with a few slices of steamed peeled sweet potato and a bit of brown sugar for 10 minutes.
3. Prep nails. Smooth calluses.
4. Exfoliate the client’s feet and lower legs with the homemade brown sugar-olive oil scrub. Rinse off the scrub.
5. Apply the sweet potato-olive oil mask to the client’s feet and lower legs. Wrap the lower legs in plastic bags, and cover with hot towels for five to 10 minutes. Then unwrap and remove the mask.
6. Massage with any brand of unscented lotion.
7. Clean under the nails and nail plates. Apply base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat.
Alternate Names: Thanksgiving Pedicure, Pass the Sweet Potatoes Pedi , Sweet Potato Pie Feet Treat
Want to see your signature service here? E-mail details to sree.roy[at]bobit.com.
6 Easy Ideas for Signature Nail Services
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.