This pedicure by Masterworks Salon, Germantown, Wis., is watermelon through-and-through: from the scented soak to the gel color.
Masterworks Salon uses: Masterworks by Amy Becker Masterfill, Masterbond, Watermelon Slush gel color, Peony Icing, and Mastercleanse; fragrance-free scrub and lotion of your choice; Starwest Botanicals Escentual Watermellon Fragrance Oil; 99% alcohol; Soothing Touch Massage Oil Lite — Fragrance Free.
1. Soak the client’s feet in warm water with a few drops of Starwest Botanicals Escentual Watermellon Fragrance Oil for 10 minutes.
2. Serve the client a watermelon slush. (Mix watermelon syrup and ice in a blender.)
3. Prep nails, including pushing back cuticles and filing (leave the nails a little longer than the anticipated finished length).
4. File calluses.
5. Add the watermelon oil to a fragrance-free scrub, then exfoliate the client’s feet and lower legs with this blend.
6. Soak the client’s feet and rinse off the scrub.
7. Add the watermelon oil to a fragrance-free lotion, then massage into the client’s feet and lower legs.
8. Cleanse the nails with 99% alcohol.
9. Prep the nails for a gel overlay, including dehydrating the nails and applying Masterbond.
10. Apply a layer of Masterworks by Amy Becker Masterfill. Cure for two minutes.
11. Apply a layer of Masterworks by Amy Becker Watermelon Slush gel color. Cure for two minutes.
12. Apply a second layer of Watermelon Slush gel color, then sprinkle Masterworks by Amy Becker Peony Icing on top. Turn the foot to the side and gently tap the bottom of the foot to release any loose Icing. Cure for two minutes. Using a manicure brush, dust off excess Icing.
13. Apply a layer of Masterfill. Cure for two minutes.
14. Cleanse off the tacky layer with Mastercleanse. File to the final length of the nails.
15. Apply Soothing Touch Massage Oil Lite — Fragrance Free to nails.
Alternate Names: Picnic Pedicure, Iced Watermelon Feet Treat, Watermelon Gel Pedicure
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.