THE SALON: Havana Nights Nails & Spa, Chicago
THE SALON OWNER: Sandra Plasencia Casanova
Inspired by the Mojito — a classic Cuban cocktail that includes mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, white rum, and club soda — this service features natural ingredients that lift the spirit and energize the senses. The pedicure starts with a freshly made Mojito to set the mood.
- Fill pedicure basin with cool water.
- Add a shot of Bacardi rum and lime juice to detoxify and cleanse feet.
- Exfoliate feet and legs with a homemade mix of sugar and lime juice to buff away dry, lifeless skin.
- Push back cuticles, clean nails, and remove excess dead skin around the nails.
- Rub lime wedges on the skin and toenails for a lightening effect.
- Apply a mint mask — using Creative Nail Design’s mint mask as a base, add your own fresh crushed mint leaves.
- Massage legs and feet with lime lotion.
- Trim, buff, and polish nails.
THE PRICE: $50
Havana Nights uses:
- Bacardi rum, refined sugar, lime, club soda, and mint sprigs.
- The lime foot lotion is created by adding a few drops of lime peel essential oil to a Neaclear unscented foot lotion.
- Nail polish of the client’s choice.
Cool Cuban Nights Pedicure, (Bar)Tending Your Feet, Lime Lust Treat
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.