Since it’s just too long a time between one Valentine’s Day and the next, the powers that be have deemed August Romance Awareness Month. That’s 31 whole days to devote to smoldering looks and warm embraces. How can a salon owner do her part to help love bloom? Here are some ideas for promotions that give rise to romance.
- Manicure for two. His manicure is half- price when he accompanies her to the salon. Two perfect sets of hands make for some beautiful hand-holding.
- Say “Cheese-cake.” Open your salon on a Sunday for a special photo session. Gorgeous glamour shots will set spouses’ hearts apounding.
- Sinful Scents. Tantalize the senses with aromatherapy oils, baths salts, massage oils, and scented lotions that can be bought at a discount and shared with the ones we love.
- Add Sparkle. Promote jewelry cleaning so devoted couples can renew their vows with baubles that shine.
- Raffle Romance. Enter the names of all your customers who try a new service in the month of August into a drawing. The winner gets a romantic dinner for two at a fancy local eatery.
- Tattoo It. Interest your clients in a mehndi tattoo, which will pique their honey’s interest in whatever part of the body it’s applied to.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.