1. Melt together soft pastel colors in orange, teal, yellow, blue, and pink.
2. Add a large white bead of acrylic (on the drier side) to create the shape of the face. Add little ears by pressing the balls into a point.
3. Start creating the hair by dragging a ball on a nail form and working it until it forms a long piece. Be sure to pick it up before it hardens. Place the pieces side by side on the unicorn's head to mimic hair in the wind.
4. Make two even balls of pink acrylic for the nostrils and use a dotting tool to press down the center of each.
5. Add a ball of silver acrylic on top of the unicorn's head. Wait until it's almost hard and then flatten it downwards. Keep doing this with smaller balls, until you form a point.
6. Add two little black dots for the eyes. You do not have to use polish on top, but if you would like to seal it, then a matte top coat is suggested.
Nail tech Kelsey McQuay, who is an educator for Swarovski and Akzentz, recently had her work distributed across 34 Swarovski store locations. Nails were also highlighted in a recent collaboration between CND and Swarovski.
Nail tech Ashley Thornton wanted to participate in competitions to push herself and her creativity, but none were available in her area. That’s why she decided to take matters into her own hands and arrange her own nail competition in Wisconsin.
In our video section, watch salon professionals in action, listen to the advice of salon business experts, and tour inside the world’s top salons.
This fun new nail trend uses bubbles made from dish soap and water to create a cool effect over gel-polish and chrome or foil. See some of our favorite examples of this trendy nail art and learn how to create it yourself.