Christina Grant, a nail technician and hand model, has provided her expertise below on which colors and art styles will be trending this fall. A woman with her finger on the pulse and polish always on her fingers, Grant is an entrepreneur who launched her own nail business, Manicurist Anonymous.
She's also a parts model, meaning her hands are worth their weight in gold, and her hand modeling work can be seen in editorial and advertising.
FALL NAIL TRENDS from Christina Grant
- All different variations of french manicures (there are SO many!) and negative space are definitely here to stay as they’re so customizable and can cater to any nail enthusiast.
- Mismatched - this ranges on the scale from minimal to super graphic. Dainty dots, thin lines, flames, stars, and even rhinestones are all contributing to fall nail trends.
- Glitter - From an accent nail to the whole set; glitter is one of the easiest ways to spice up a manicure.
- Playing with contrasting colors and nail power couples, like brights (neon yellows and greens) and neutrals (nude tones), will be a reoccurring theme.
- Deep coral and amberish-orange shades always have a spot in the fall nail line up!
- We'll see deep blues this fall (navy is my favorite!) as well which offset the brighter tones and add soft drama to the nail different from black or a classic red nail.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.