Happy summer! June 21st marks the arrival of the June Solstice and the astronomical first day of summer. The solstice is celebrated by many cultures around the world, and is a time to dust off the winter cobwebs, reflect, and enjoy the ongoing days of sun and light.
Everything You Should Know About the Longest Day of the Year
Solstices happen every June and December, occurring at the same time around the world and marking the year's longest and shortest days. During the solstice, the sun is at its highest point--over the Tropic of Cancer--and there are the most hours of daylight and least hours of darkness of any day in the year. This marks the astronomical start of summer in the northern half of the globe.
When Is the Summer Solstice?
The June solstice officially occurs on Tuesday, June 21, 2022, at 5:14 A.M. EDT.
Adora Winquist, author of the alternative medicine book “Detox, Nourish, Activate: Plant and Vibrational Medicine for Energy, Mood, and Love" , meditation expert, modern alchemist, healer and expert in the field of aromatherapy, recommends some solstice soul-searching with the arrival of summer.
Celebrating the Solstice & Season of Light
"Today marks the day that the sun is at its highest and most powerful," says Winquist. "Cultures across the world celebrate the advent of summer and rejoice in Mother Earth, her fertility and beauty.This is the time to raise your energy, to honor the light within you, to expand it and to align with the wisdom of nature and the great outdoors."
Summer Solstice Rituals
- Try to incorporate the essential oils of rose, neroli, jasmine, cinnamon, carrot seed, and frankincense in your weekly regime. They help to expand your light, which is the unique qualities within you, and to focus your intentions personally, as well as globally in sacred space.
- As you honor one of the four cardinal points along our planetary cycle, now is the time to ask:
- What aspects of your life are your focus?
- What do you want to shift, grow, expand, clear, and create?
- Take a moment to consider:
- Are your relationships meaningful?
- Do you find passion and purpose in your work?
- Are you looking to expand and attract more abundance in your finances?
- Does the way you love and care for yourself need attention?
Learn more about Adora at adorawinquist.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon