It’s a new year and that means new opportunities for growing your business and making those resolutions ring true. For those of you whose goal is to get published in 2019, we just completed our first live webinar on how to get featured in NAILS Magazine, on our website, and on our social media channels. I am recapping some of the main points from our webinar here.
• When it comes to the print magazine, I advise you to look through this issue and take in the different sections. To be featured in Style, Reader Nail Art, Trend Watch, or Where in the World Is NAILS Magazine?, email me. To be featured in My Other Life, Healthy Tech, or in the Technique section, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To be featured in the Business or Health sections, on a blog, or to have your salon profiled, email email@example.com. If you aren’t sure who to contact, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To contribute to lengthier features and other print opportunities, keep an eye on our social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
• When addressing an editor, please make sure and include your complete contact information (first and last name, city, state, country, salon name, and Instagram handle). Include some text explaining why you are writing and an image or ideas for imagery.
• Hi-res images are the best images to send (300 dpi or 1 MB or larger). Images shouldn’t be watermarked, nails shouldn’t be shiny with cuticle oil, images should be in focus, and backgrounds shouldn’t
• Not every set of nails we receive or every article pitch will appear
in print; some may be seen on NAILS’ website as a blog post or online feature instead.
• For an Instagram feature, make sure to tag #nailsmagazine.
• To get a cover, make sure to apply to our Cover Tech Contest (submissions are due in October and you can email email@example.com) or let me know when you’ll be
in the L.A. area and submit a portfolio of your work, along with your cover concept idea. We only shoot 10 covers a year — sometimes fewer — and we only shoot a few times a year, so timing, advanced planning, and a strong concept are everything.
The bottom line is that this is your magazine and we are always on the hunt for new ideas and topics that serve you. To view the entire webinar and see the answers to questions we received, go to www.nailsmag.com/livewebinarfeature. Katherine and I so loved interacting with our readers and we want to help you reach your goals for the coming year and beyond. I hope to hear from you soon!