A true hybrid between hard gel and acrylic, Gelish’s PolyGel was inspired by a desire to create a product that keeps everything nail techs like about acrylic and hard gel systems while removing the aspects they don’t like, according to creator Danny Haile. Haile went live on Facebook from NAILS Magazine’s offices to answer all your questions about the new product. Read on to learn the top 10 things you should know about PolyGel, and watch the Facebook live demonstration to see the product in action!
5. The product can be applied as an overlay over natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculpted over a form.
6. It’s available in six colors: bright white, natural clear, soft white, soft pink, dark pink, and cover pink.
7. Gel-polish colors can be applied over the product, and Gelish can be mixed with PolyGel to create a design.
8. Natural nail prep is the same as prep for gel. Nail techs can use an e-file or a hand file to shape the product.
9. The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs can soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
10. PolyGel nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.
PolyGel will be available this summer in North America. Gelish educators will be providing trainings across the world. Learn more at www.gelish.com.
Download our ebook on how to survive salon life.Download Our eBook