You already know that your clients are your greatest business asset. Making the most of those assets requires reaching out to them regularly with special offers, beauty tips, new service options, and salon news. John Rigo, a content marketer with small business technology platform Booker (www.booker.com), offers these four tips for building your client email list:
1. Promote in-salon sign-ups. No client should ever be allowed to leave your salon without first giving you their contact information — or at the very least being asked to. There are plenty of easy, casual ways for you to promote in-salon sign-ups, such as:
- Asking during checkout
- Keeping a sign-up sheet at the register
- Leaving a bowl out to collect business cards
If you’re really determined to build your email list, consider adding an incentive such as a special offer or discount for volunteering the information.
2. Sign-up info on printed receipts. Use their receipts to inform clients about your email list. Include a brief message explaining where to sign up and what the benefit is. The benefit can be something quick and easy, like “sign up to stay updated on all upcoming specials!”
3. Advertise email capture on your website. Be sure to feature an email sign-up form on either the navigation bar or the footer of your site. The key is making it as visible as possible. If you’re really looking to incentivize your customers, include a discount coupon code for every sign-up.
4. Push sign-ups on social media. You can get your message across to a huge volume of potential clients in seconds — and for free — on social media. Post on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter — just keep clients in the loop. Include a link to your sign-up in every post, and as always showcase the value for signing up.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.