Consumers are looking for customized beauty offerings that provide unique benefits tailored to the individual, according to a recent report from research and consulting firm GlobalData.
“The ability to customize or personalize beauty and grooming products is a significant draw to today’s consumers. How well a product is tailored to one’s needs and personality is the second most influential factor when making choices in this sector, the first being how the product impacts health and well-being,” says Jamie Mills, consumer analyst for GlobalData.
So what does that mean for the nail salon owner? Here are a few ways to blend health and customization into your services:
- Let customers select their own essential oils to mix into lotions and scrubs
- Create custom-blended polish shades
- Offer a skin tone analysis to find the most flattering polish shades
- Stock a client’s favorite herbal tea to sip during her pedicure
- Offer reflexology or another relaxing add-on, such as scalp massage
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.